Domain registration process is really easy. Anyone can easily register a domain with in 5 minutes but selecting a good domain is very tough.
Everyday lots of domains get registered and most of top level and good domain names already registered. Finding a good domain name is really tough but still you have to find a good domain name.
A Domain Name Consists of two parts –
- Domain Name
- Domain Extension
Tips To Get A Perfect Domain Name
To come up with a perfect domain name you need to sit and think. you can take suggestion from your friends and family members. I don’t know what they will suggest you but i have something to suggest you. Here are my suggestions to get a good domain name.
1. Easy To Type – The domain name you select should to super easy to type so anyone can easily type. if your domain name is tough to type then it might be harder to find your website. keep in mind that domain name is for users so think from their prospective.
2. Easy To Pronounce – Don’t use tough pronounceable words in your domain name. people often forgot tough pronounceable. tough pronounceable mostly hard to type so select a domain that is easy to pronounce.
3. Easy To Remember – Find a domain that is catchy and easy to remember. if someone forgot your domain means a user missed. use simple and general words so anyone can remember.
4. Short and Sweet – Don’t Make your domain name long unnecessary. Try to go as short as you can but don’t miss your brand name to keep domain name short. if its necessary to go long to correctly represent your business then you can.
5. Keep It Simple – Simple domain names are easy to type, easy to pronounce, easy to remember. never come up with a complex name.
6. Be Brandable – You have to live for quite a long time with domain name. You may be known by your domain name in future so select a name that can be brandable. brandable means its looks great, sounds like a brand. you can create a new brandable name by mixing words.
7. Be Unique – Find a unique domain name. Just google and find is there other websites with similar domains. if yes then say not to that keyword and find another unique name.
8. Avoid Copyright Issues – When a available domain name comes in your mind, make sure it’s not violating anyone’s trademarks.
9. Check Social Networks – Before you register a domain name, first check social networks for the same name. Make sure that your domain name also available on popular social networking sites like facebook, twitter. for example – check facebook.com/domainname, twitter.com/domainname
10. Avoid Hyphens and Numbers – Hyphens and numbers make your domain name sound strange and create confusion.
Best Domain Extension To Get
.com is the most popular domain extension. other than governments and nonprofit organization sites prefer .com extension.
Nothing sounds better than .com extension. if you tell someone your domain name without extension then by default that person will use it with .com extension.
If you are a finding domain for a nonprofit organization then you can use .org extension other than prefer .com extension.
If .com is not available and you want that name then you can use .net extension. You can also use country-specific extension if your business and target audience limited to your country.